Presenting here the very colorful and different dosa with a unique taste. Making a different variety in dosa will bring the interest to eat for the children. As we are using varagu which is high in nutrition and healthy colorful beetroot, this dosa looks makes a very colorful healthy dish anytime. This is also good for a diet and helps to control Blood sugar and Cholesterol. So do try it out.
Recipe and Photo Courtesy : Mrs. Shahidha Anwar
- Varagu Rice – 3 cup
- Urid Dal – 1 Cup
- Beetroot – 1 grated
- Red Chilli – 1
- Jeera – 2 tsp
- salt – to taste
- oil – 2tsp
- Rinse both the varagu rice and urad dal separately and grind them to make a batter.
- Then grind the grated beetroot , red chilli and jeera to make a paste.
- Add the ground mix to the batter and mix well.
- Place a non-stick- heavy skillet over medium heat. Test by sprinkling a few drops of water on it. The water should sizzle right away.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter mixture into the skillet and spread evenly with the back of a spoon. Starting from the centre, spiral outward until evenly spread thin circle.
- Smear about 2 teaspoons oil over it and along the edges and cook till the dosa turns brown in color and crisp. This point flip the dosa using a flat spatula, for about 10 seconds.
- Dosa is ready.