Godhuma dosa / Godumai dosai is one easy breakfast, made within 20 minutes. I hope all of you are tired of making Diwali sweets and savouries and tired of eating too. Preferring to spend less time at kitchen? This one is an instant version and more over healthy too with wheat flour. I used to have this a lot of times before marriage. My mom makes this even for dinner. Mom makes few instant versions of dosas (karacha maavu dosa) for dinner. This is one among them. I make this usually for breakfast though. Vj is not a big fan of this. He prefers Maida dosa over wheat dosa. If I am making dosa for me alone, then my options will be first oats dosaor my next option will be this one.
1.Wheat flour… 1/2 cup
2.Rice flour… 1/4 cup
3.Onion … 1
4.Green chilli … 1
5.Ginger, grated… 1 tsp
6.Salt… 1 tsp
7.Water or buttermilk… as needed
8.Jeera … 1 tsp
9.curry leaves few …
1. Chop finely onion, green chilli. Take both the flour, onion,chilli, ginger and salt in a mixing bowl. Use a whisk and add water gradually and mix well. The batter should be watery, not too watery, but thin than the usual dosa batter. You can use butter milk instead of water as well.
2. Heat a dosa pan and grease with oil. Pour the batter first outer to form a ring and then in the middle to fill it. The dosa is supposed to be thin, so adjust the consistency of batter and also do not pour over and over. Drizzle some more oil and cook in medium flame. Flip if you want to cook both sides. I usually do not flip as it gets cooked easily.
• If dosa doesnt gets cooked while you cook one side, better to flip the dosa.
• I think without flipping, cooking the dosa in medium flame one side gives a crispy result.
• You can season the batter with mustard, urad dal, curry leaves, green chillies and then sauté the onions and then add it to the batter. My mom does that way.
• If you have sour leftover idli dosa batter, then you can skip adding rice flour and add the wheat flour to that batter and mix and make dosa same way as above. Idli dosa batter can be upto 3-4 laddles.
Bye till the next post…..