So…I am coming up with a post on everyone’s favourite…… YES…. KFC type fried chicken. These days we are receiving lot of stories / fwds about these types of outlets and the chickens they use & outside gulf countries, the halal varieties are not available much. But why she should we resist our temptation when we have a simple alternative of doing this at home, yes….if we really crave to have thoese crispy yummy fried chicken, why not try it at home. It’s always healthy to do it at home and it saves a lot of money too. You may try this simple and easy recipe to get you a feel of KFC type chicken.
- Chicken …………..1kg(better if use thighs and arms pieces)
- Salt………………..to taste
- Black pepper………..1/2 tsp
- vinegar…………….5-6 tbsp
- crushed red chili…..1/4 tsp(optional)
- white flour(maida)…..11/2-2cups
- Marinate chicken in salt, pepper; vinegar and crushed chilli (optional) keep it in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Put a wok on flame with enough oil to deep fry.
- Slightly beat 3 eggs in a deep bowl or plate.
- In another deep wide bowl put white flour ( if want spicy crumb then add 1/4tsp black pepper and 1/4 red chilli or if want more spicy can go with 1/2 tsp red chilli.) and salt to taste.
- First put chicken piece in the egg and then roll it in the white flour then put it in the heated oil wok (medium to hot flame).
- Do it one by one piece. put several pieces in the wok (don’t put too many pieces at a time) and then turn the chicken pieces in 3 minutes and bring the flame to medium to slow.
- After 10 minutes turn the pieces and let them fry for another, bring flame to medium to hot again and in 2 -3 minutes drain them on the paper towel.
- And serve them with coleslaw, fries, ketchup and chili garlic sauce.